Jul 15 2018
Kodi is free open source media center software designed to play video, music, games and more. It has been engineered in such a way to work on large TV sets or smaller devices. There are several versions available to work on Windows, iOS, Linux and Android making it suitable for streaming media boxes. I have compiled several of the best Kodi boxes currently available for sale all running on Android. I do want to mention that Kodi itself is totally legal but some of the add-ons may be illegal so you should do your own research before installing them.
1. Zoomtak Tv Box Android 6.0 Luxury Aluminum Streaming Media Player
This box has a luxury or premium construction crafted from aluminum almost similar to a certain Apple based product. You will find Android 6.0 software installed along with Kodi 16.1 fully loaded on this device. Optical out and HDMI 2.0 will help you take full advantage of 4K viewing and home theater surround sound. Another nice advantage to this box is it does have a dedicated LAN connection which will be needed due to lack of 802.11ac. The specs are great and except for the lack of 802.11ac it is a well rounded device and great for anyone looking to buy a Kodi box.
- CPU:Amlogic S905X Quad core 64bit Cortex-A53 Up to 2.0GHz
- GPU:Penda-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750MHz
- Storage:8GB eMMC
- SDRAM:2GB DDR3
- OS:Android 6.0 marshmallow
- Wireless:Built-in 802.11 b/g/n 2.4G WIFI
- Support Mouse/ Keyboard by USB/2.4GHz wireless
- HDMI 2.0 up to 4K 2K HDR 10Bit H.265 HEVC 1080p Hardware decoding
- AV:RCA Support
2. Epteam Q Box Android 5.1 4K TV Box Kodi Fully Loaded Smart Media Player
The Epteam Q Box comes fully loaded with Kodi right out of the box and 16GB of ROM for all the other goodies you might want to install later on. This particular model comes with built in bluetooth allowing you to connect keyboards or mice wirelessly to help make installing and add new apps easier. Another great feature is the dual band WIFI and wired gigabit LAN port to help stream those movies or sporting events with less delay. I would have liked to see Android 6.0 but you shouldn’t have any problems or miss out on too many apps using Android 5.1 that comes pre-installed. I highly recommend this Kodi box based on price and specifications.
- OS:Android 5.1
- RAM/ROM:2GB DDR3/16GB EMMC Flash
- WiFi/BL:2.4GHz,5GHz/Bluetooth 4.0
- 3D:Hardward 3D Graphics Acceleration
- Mouse/Keyboard:Support mouse and keyboard via USB;Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle
- Support:HD 4K H.265 60fps and 1080p AV output
3. Matricom G-Box Q² Android TV Streaming Media Mini PC
This is one of the few devices that includes 16GB of storage and has custom designed software which is completely upgradeable. Most of the other boxes will be not have the capability to upgrade their standard OS. Another feature of the custom OS is that it does support Amazon prime along with all of the other apps available from Android. Great software and specs make this box a winner but the premium price tag might scare some people away from this feature filled device.
- Android 5 Lollipop
- Quad Core S812 CPU
- 2GB Ram
- 16GB internal storage
- 802.11 dual band 5g WIFI
4. AKASO M8S 4K Android TV Box Streaming Media Player
The AKASO M8S is another great option if you are looking for a fully loaded Kodi box. Plenty of RAM and ROM will allow you to install all the necessary apps and add-ons to take full advantage of this media player. Built-in dual band WIFI helps with streaming movies, shows and sporting events with less delay. On the downside, this currently runs Android 4.4 which is plenty stable but may not have as many apps available as the newer versions. Something else I would have liked to seen was HDMI 2.0 but for the price you cannot beat this AKASO Kodi box.
- OS: Android 4.4.
- CPU: Amlogic S812 Quad core Cortex A9r4 2.0 GHz.
- GPU: Octa-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 600MHz.
- RAM: 2GB DDR3; ROM: 8GB EMMC.
- WiFi: Support 802.11 a/b/g/n Dual Band Wi-Fi(2.4GHz/5GHz).
- LAN: Ethernet:10/100M, standard RJ-45.
- Supports 3D (Hardward 3D graphics acceleration), Bluetooth 4.0, 3G.
- Supports AV&YUV.
- Supports XBMC, DLNA, Miracast, Airplay and Remote Control.
- Supports mouse and keyboard via USB; Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle.
- DOLBY TrueHD and DTS HD: DOLBY TrueHD and DTS HD Bypass through HDMI.
- High Definition video: SD/HD max.1920×1080 pixel.
- HDMI: HDMI 1.4b up to UHD 4K* 2K.
- Card Reader Slot: Support SD/SDHC/MMC cards.
5. Rominetak T95M Android 6.0 TV Box Streaming Media Player
The Rominetak is only the box on the list that comes with a wireless touchpad keyboard. I wish they had bumped up the 1GB RAM a little higher but they did include Android 6.0 and the 64 bit Amlogic S905X processor inside their device. For such an unassuming device, they also managed to include HDMI 2.0 as part of the features. You are going to be paying a premium for this device since the keyboard is already included. If you were looking to buy a keyboard anyways than I would definitely recommend this device. Overall the specs are good and this would be a nice fully loaded Kodi box to start with.
- Amlogic S905X Quad-Core Cortex-A53@2.0GHz
- GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450@600MHz+
- HDMI 2.0 up to 4k2k H.264. H.265 Video Decode and 4k2k Output
- RAM: DDR3 1GB
- ROM: 8GB NAND FLASH
- Expand Memory: Micro SD Card (Maximum to 32GB)
- Wifi: Built-in Wifi antenna
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
6. Leelbox Q1 Master Android 6.0 TV Box Streaming Media Player
If you are looking for a good solid entry level Kodi box this is by far one of the most popular models. It is not super flashy or has a ton high end specs but it does come with Android 6.0. The CPU is solid along with other great features such as keyboard and mouse support this box will do everything most first time buyers will need. I do wish this box had 2GB of Ram instead of just the 1GB that is comes with. The WIFI on this unit is just the 2.4GHz and not the dual band so it would be in your best interest to connect this box to the dedicated LAN port for improved streaming performance. For the price, the Leelbox Q1 is a great Android Kodi box for the beginner or someone who is looking to add extra boxes through out the home.
- 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM
- CPU:S905X quad-core cortex-A53 frequency ：2.0G
- GPU:Mali-450 5-Core GPU
- OS:Android 6.0
- 4k2k H.265 Hardware Video Decode and 4k2k Output
7. TICTID M9C Pro Android 6.0 Tv Box 4K Streaming Media Player
The reason that the TICTID M9C Pro is so popular among people looking for a Kodi box is features and price. This device has the latest Android 6.0, great CPU and sleek simple remote control. Though this device lacks a few things such as dual band WIFI and 2GB RAM it does offer a nice AV out that lets you connect to older televisions. If you are just starting out or want a 2nd device for around the house I would not hesitate to pick up a TICTID M9C Pro streaming media device.
- OS: Android 6.0
- CPU: Amlogic S905X Chipset
- 1GB DDR3 RAM/8GB ROM
- WIFI: RTL8189 802.11b/g/n
- LAN: Ethernet: 10/100M, standard RJ-45
- HD: HD 2.0 up to 4k2k Output
- 4K2k HD Decoding: 4k2k H.265 Hardware Video Decode and 4k2k Output
Thanks for checking out my list. I want to say that you might disagree about the order I have placed these boxes in but do not let the order fool you. These are all great devices and anyone of them will be a great addition to your household.