As college football season approaches, fans across the country are eagerly anticipating the start of the Big Ten Conference games. With the rise of streaming services, many are wondering if they can catch all the action on their preferred platform. One of the most popular streaming services, Sling TV, has become a go-to choice for cord-cutters. But does Sling TV carry the Big Ten Network? In this article, we’ll explore the answer to this question and provide you with all the information you need to know about streaming Big Ten games on Sling TV.
1. Cutting the Cord: Is Sling TV a Viable Option for Big Ten Fans?
Is Sling TV a Viable Option for Big Ten Fans?
For those who are tired of paying high cable bills, cutting the cord has become a popular option. However, for sports fans, finding a streaming service that offers their favorite teams and games can be a challenge. Big Ten fans may be wondering if Sling TV is a viable option for them.
- Sling TV offers the Big Ten Network as part of its Sports Extra package.
- The Sports Extra package costs an additional $10 per month on top of the base subscription fee.
- In addition to the Big Ten Network, the Sports Extra package includes other sports channels such as ESPN Goal Line, SEC Network, and beIN Sports.
While Sling TV may not have every single game available for Big Ten fans, it does offer a good selection of games and sports channels. The ability to customize your package and only pay for the channels you want can also be a major draw for those looking to save money on their cable bill. Ultimately, whether or not Sling TV is a viable option for Big Ten fans will depend on individual preferences and needs.
2. The Big Ten Network: Can You Watch It on Sling TV?
Can you watch The Big Ten Network on Sling TV?
Yes, you can! Sling TV offers access to The Big Ten Network as part of its Sports Extra add-on package. This package costs an additional $10 per month and includes several other sports channels, such as ESPNU, SEC Network, and NHL Network.
- To watch The Big Ten Network on Sling TV, you’ll need to subscribe to one of Sling TV’s base packages: Sling Orange or Sling Blue.
- Once you’ve subscribed to one of these packages, you can add the Sports Extra package to your subscription.
- With this package, you’ll be able to watch live and on-demand content from The Big Ten Network, including football, basketball, and other sports.
Overall, if you’re a fan of Big Ten sports and looking for a way to watch The Big Ten Network without a cable subscription, Sling TV is a great option. With its affordable pricing and access to a wide range of sports channels, it’s a popular choice among cord-cutters who want to keep up with their favorite teams and events.
3. Sling TV vs. Cable: Which One Carries the Big Ten Network?
When it comes to watching college sports, the Big Ten Network is a must-have for many fans. But if you’re trying to decide between Sling TV and cable, which one carries the channel? Here’s what you need to know:
- Sling TV: Sling TV offers the Big Ten Network as part of its Sports Extra package. This package costs an additional $10 per month on top of your base subscription, but it also includes a variety of other sports channels like ESPNU, SEC Network, and Pac-12 Network. Keep in mind that Sling TV is a streaming service, so you’ll need a strong internet connection to watch.
- Cable: If you have a cable subscription, you may be able to get the Big Ten Network as part of your package. However, this can vary depending on your provider and location. You’ll need to check with your cable company to see if they offer the channel and if it’s included in your current plan.
Ultimately, the decision between Sling TV and cable comes down to your personal preferences and budget. If you’re a die-hard college sports fan and want access to a variety of channels beyond just the Big Ten Network, Sling TV’s Sports Extra package may be worth the extra cost. But if you’re happy with your current cable subscription and don’t want to deal with any potential buffering or internet issues, sticking with cable may be the way to go.
4. Exploring Your Options: How to Watch the Big Ten Network Without Cable
Option 1: Live TV Streaming Services
If you’re looking for a way to watch the Big Ten Network without cable, live TV streaming services might be your best bet. These services offer live TV channels over the internet, so you can watch your favorite shows and events without a cable subscription. Some of the most popular live TV streaming services that offer the Big Ten Network include:
- Sling TV: Sling TV is one of the most affordable live TV streaming services, with plans starting at just $35 per month. The service offers the Big Ten Network as part of its Sling Blue package.
- FuboTV: FuboTV is a sports-focused live TV streaming service that offers the Big Ten Network as part of its base package, which costs $64.99 per month.
- Hulu + Live TV: Hulu + Live TV is a popular streaming service that offers live TV channels, including the Big Ten Network, for $64.99 per month.
Option 2: Big Ten Network App
If you’re a die-hard Big Ten fan, you might want to consider subscribing to the Big Ten Network’s standalone app. The app offers live streaming of all Big Ten Network programming, including live games and events. The app is available on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and streaming devices like Roku and Apple TV. The app costs $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year, and it’s a great option if you want to stay up-to-date on all things Big Ten.
5. Breaking Down the Numbers: How Much Does It Cost to Watch the Big Ten Network on Sling TV?
How much does it cost to watch the Big Ten Network on Sling TV?
If you’re a college sports fan, you’re probably wondering how much it would cost to watch the Big Ten Network on Sling TV. Well, the good news is that Sling TV offers several different packages that include the Big Ten Network, so you can choose the one that fits your budget and needs.
- Sling Orange: This package costs $35 per month and includes the Big Ten Network, as well as over 30 other channels.
- Sling Blue: This package costs $35 per month and also includes the Big Ten Network, along with over 40 other channels.
- Sling Orange + Blue: This package costs $50 per month and includes all the channels from both Sling Orange and Sling Blue, including the Big Ten Network.
Keep in mind that these prices are subject to change, so be sure to check the Sling TV website for the most up-to-date information. Additionally, there may be additional fees for add-ons like DVR storage or premium channels. However, even with these additional costs, Sling TV remains one of the most affordable options for watching the Big Ten Network and other college sports channels.
6. The Fine Print: Understanding the Limitations of Watching the Big Ten Network on Sling TV
Limitations of Watching the Big Ten Network on Sling TV
While Sling TV offers a great way to watch the Big Ten Network, there are some limitations that you should be aware of. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The Big Ten Network is only available in select markets. If you live outside of these markets, you won’t be able to access the channel.
- You may need to upgrade to a higher-tier package to access the Big Ten Network. Sling TV offers several different packages, and not all of them include the Big Ten Network.
- You may experience buffering or other streaming issues. While Sling TV is generally reliable, streaming quality can be affected by a number of factors, including your internet connection and the device you’re using to stream.
Despite these limitations, Sling TV is still a great option for watching the Big Ten Network. With its affordable pricing and flexible packages, it’s a great choice for cord-cutters who want to enjoy live sports without breaking the bank.
7. Final Verdict: Is Sling TV Worth It for Big Ten Fans?
After reviewing all the features and benefits of Sling TV, it is safe to say that it is definitely worth it for Big Ten fans. With access to all the games and channels that broadcast Big Ten games, Sling TV provides a comprehensive and affordable way to stay up-to-date on your favorite teams and players.
Additionally, the flexibility of Sling TV’s subscription plans and the ability to stream on multiple devices makes it a great option for those who are always on-the-go or have varying schedules. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just enjoy catching a game every now and then, Sling TV is a great investment for Big Ten fans.
- Access to all Big Ten games and channels
- Affordable subscription plans
- Flexibility to stream on multiple devices
- No access to ESPN or other non-Big Ten channels
- No DVR functionality with basic subscription
In conclusion, Sling TV is a great option for Big Ten fans who want to stay up-to-date on their favorite teams and players. With its affordable subscription plans, flexibility, and access to all Big Ten games and channels, it provides a comprehensive and convenient way to watch live sports. However, if you’re looking for access to non-Big Ten channels or DVR functionality, you may want to consider other streaming options.
In conclusion, the question of whether Sling TV carries the Big Ten Network has been answered. While Sling TV does offer a variety of sports channels, unfortunately, the Big Ten Network is not currently one of them. However, there are still plenty of options for Big Ten fans to catch their favorite teams in action. Whether it’s through a cable provider or streaming service, there’s no shortage of ways to stay connected to the world of college sports. So, while Sling TV may not be the solution for Big Ten fans, there are still plenty of ways to stay in the game.