HBO is a popular American premium cable and satellite television channel that was launched in 1972 by Time Warner. The channel broadcasts programs mainly produced for television, including drama series, sitcoms, movies, and documentaries.
In 2020, HBO launched its first streaming service called HBO Max. It offers original content as well as a library of HBO shows.
The new platform has been met with mixed reviews from critics. Some say it’s an improvement over HBO Go while others are not impressed at all. If you want to delete your HBO Max account, this article will show you how.
What Is Deleting An HBO Max Account?
Deleting an HBO Max account means removing the subscription from your device. This way, you can no longer access any of the content on the app or website. You also won’t be able to log into the account anymore.
Why Should You Delete Your HBO Max Account?
If you don’t use the service anymore, then there’s really nothing stopping you from deleting your account. However, if you still have some content stored on the app, you might want to keep your subscription active, so you can continue watching what you already paid for.
If you decide to cancel your subscription, you can do so anytime after 30 days. After that time period, you won’t be charged anymore.
Reasons To Delete Your HBO Max Account
There are many reasons why people choose to delete their HBO Max accounts. Here are just a few:
- Monthly fees
- You don’t watch enough content to justify the cost of the service.
- You’ve lost interest in the service.
- It helps to avoid spam emails and unwanted memberships.
- Removes locked accounts.
- Your account may get locked if you haven’t watched anything in a long time.
- You’re moving out of the country and want to remove yourself from the streaming service.
How To Delete HBO Max Account
Before we begin, make sure you have the latest version of Firefox or Chrome installed on your computer. You can download them here.
How To Delete HBO Max Account (From Website)
If you want to delete your account from the HBO Max website, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to the HBO Max website using your email and password.
2. Click on your name in the upper right corner.
3. In the menu, locate and click the Subscription button.
4. To the left, select the Oversee/Manage Subscription button.
5. On the next screen, scroll down until you see “Delete my subscription?”
6. Click the blue arrow next to the option.
7. A pop-up box will appear asking if you really want to cancel your subscription. Click OK.
8. Your subscription will be canceled immediately.
When you have deleted your account, you will no longer receive any emails or notifications about HBO Max.
How To Delete HBO Max Account (From Mobile Device)
If you want to delete your HBO Max account from the app itself, follow these steps:
1. Open the HBO Max app on your phone.
2. Tap the hamburger icon in the top right corner.
3. Scroll down to find your HBO Max account and tap it.
4. Click the red trash can icon next to the subscription.
5. Confirm your decision by tapping Yes.
Once you have deleted your account from the mobile app, you won’t receive any more messages or updates about HBO Max.
Deleting the app from your mobile device will vary depending on which operating system you use. If you own an iPhone, you can delete the app by holding it down and pressing the delete button. However, if you own an Android, then you will need to access the Google Play Store app and then locate the Manage Apps & Devices option.
From here, you will be able to search for and delete the app using the Uninstall button.
How To Delete HBO Max Account (From Cable Provider)
1. Sign in to your HBO Max account.
2. Click on your name in the top right corner.
3. In the menu, locate and click the Subscriptions button.
4. Locate your membership supplier’s name.
5. Click the Settings link under the provider name.
6. From here, select the Account tab.
7. Select the Cancel Subscription option.
8. Enter your billing information.
Once you have canceled your subscription, you’ll no longer receive any messages or updates regarding HBO Max.
Issues You May Run Into While Deleting Your HBO Max Account
While deleting your account is easy enough, there are some things that could go wrong. Here are some issues you might run into while trying to delete your account.
Your Account Is Locked
If you haven’t used your HBO Max account in a few months, you may still have access to your account even though you’ve opted out of receiving emails. This means that someone else has logged into your account without your permission.
To resolve this issue, log back into your account and try again. If you’re unable to do so, contact customer service.
You Can’t Log Back In
If you’ve tried logging back into your account but aren’t able to do so, you may need to reset your password. Contact customer service to learn how to do this.
You Have Too Many Subscriptions
If you have too many subscriptions, you may not be able to delete your HBO Max subscription. Contact customer service to confirm whether you can cancel one of your existing subscriptions before attempting to delete your account.
You Delete A Deceased Loved One’s Account
If you’ve recently lost a loved one, you may want to keep their HBO Max account active as a way to pay tribute to them. Unfortunately, deleting the account could prevent you from accessing the content they enjoyed watching.
Deleting your HBO Max account is simple enough, but there are a few things you should know before doing so. Hopefully, these tips help you avoid any problems when you attempt to delete your account.
For additional support with your HBO Max account, you can either contact customer service or visit our Help Center.