Jan 19 2023
How do I remove Google shortcuts from my Home screen?
Hover your cursor in that shortcut’s top-right corner, then click the three dots that appear. In the three-dot menu, choose “Remove.”
Google shortcuts are convenient tools that allow users to quickly access different Google services. However, some users may not like these shortcuts, as they take up valuable space on the homepage. Fortunately, there are several ways to remove these shortcuts, so if you’re looking for a way to get rid of them, read on.
Remove Shortcuts with Google Chrome
Google Chrome is the most popular web browser, so this is the method many users will prefer. Here’s the simple steps for removing the shortcuts from Chrome:
- Open the Chrome browser
- Go to “Settings”
- Scroll down to the “On Startup” section
- You’ll see an option to select either “Open a specific page or set of pages” or “Open the New Tab page”
- Select “Open the New Tab page” and make sure to save changes
This will remove the shortcuts from the Chrome homepage.
Remove Shortcuts with Other Browsers
Similar to Chrome, Safari also has a “New Tab” option that can be used to remove the shortcuts. Here’s how to do so:
- Open the Safari browser
- Go to the “Preferences”
- Under the “General” tab, there is an option to select “New Tab Page” or “New Windows Ope”
- Select “New Tab Page” and save the changes
Internet Explorer is a bit more complicated when it comes to removing shortcuts. Here’s the basic steps:
- Open the Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Tools” and then select “Internet Options”
- Select the “General” tab
- Under the “Home Page” section, enter “about:blank” into the text field
- Click “OK”
- Will I lose my bookmarks? No, this will not affect your bookmarks or any other data.
- Will this work on all browsers? These steps will work on the most popular browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
- Will this affect my Google account? No, your Google account will not be affected.
Removing shortcuts from Google is relatively easy, especially with the popular browsers such as Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer. With these steps, you should have no trouble removing the shortcuts from your homepage and gaining access to a cleaner and more organized homepage.