Jan 11 2023
How do I fix an unresponsive Roku remote?
If the remote is unresponsive, replace the batteries and try again. Reset your Roku box or stick and Roku remote. Remove the batteries from the remote, then remove the power cable from the Roku streaming device. Wait 5 seconds, then reconnect the power to the device.
Roku Remote Won’t Stop Blinking – How To Fix It
Is your Roku remote blinking continuously, and not responding to any input? Don’t worry, here are the steps to help you get through the issue:
1. Reset Your Roku Remote
- Open the battery compartment of your Roku remote and remove the batteries.
- Wait for five seconds and reinsert the batteries.
- Try to use the remote again.
2. Check Connection and Network
- Check that your network is running properly.
- Make sure that your Roku’s wireless connection is strong.
- Reposition your router or access point for better signal strength.
3. Restart Your Device
- Unplug your Roku device and plug it back in.
- Wait until the home screen appears and then try using the remote again.
4. Replace the Remote Batteries
- The blinking light might be caused by an old battery, so replace it with a new one.
- You can purchase replacement batteries at any store that sell batteries.
5. Re-Pair the Remote
- Press and hold the pairing button on your Roku device for 5 seconds.
- After 5 seconds, let go of the button.
- Now press and hold the pairing button on your remote for 3 seconds.
- The remote should now be paired with your Roku device and the blinking should have stopped.
If none of the above steps have helped you, contact a technician or the Roku support. They’ll be able to help you sort out the issue.