Mar 20 2020
As the coronavirus sweeps the nation, we are all taking precautions and self-quarantining to save our community. Schools across the globe have shut down, and work places have shut down, all to prevent the spread of this vicious disease.
This virus has spread globally and has impacted everyone. The government is shutting down and putting restrictions all over the world. Right now is the time to keep your distance from others in order to protect yourself and the ones you love. It should not be scary, but it is necessary to get through this point in time. Many people may find it annoying to be at home, and we all understand that. So here is a list of things you can do and watch while you are at home.
Self-isolation means you and your family must stay home as much as possible to avoid the spread of a virus. This means you will have less exposure to anyone who is possibly sick, and if you are feeling ill, you won’t be able to spread it. At this time, it can take up to two weeks for symptoms to appear, and in the meantime, you can contaminate people.
This virus has most workplaces shut down, school kids at home, and people trying to figure out the best possible things to do with the time at home. Not only should this be a time for a mental health break (a bit extreme), it should also be time for you to spend with loved ones. There are many activities you can do to keep the family busy. After all of those activities, you can sit down and watch a family movie.
Currently, a lot of people are worried about money due to their lack of work. Well, not to worry, there are a lot of apps and channels that will allow you to have a free trial, and you can sign up right now without having to worry about paying upfront.
Activities to do while doing self-quarantine
Depending on the situation, most states will set guidelines for what you can and cannot do under self-isolation. It does not have to be a scary process though the word itself may sound a little harsh. You can find fun activities to do with your kids and your family. This is a great way to get some extra walking in, and meditate.
What you can do during self-isolation:
- Take a hike by yourself! If you see any other hikers, make a wide berth and wave to them. It’s not rude; it’s keeping a safe distance. If you see anyone coughing or looking sick, it may be best to turn back.
- Go on a family walk. This is the perfect time to take your kids and dogs on a short walk around the block.
- Read your favorite book! So now you have an awful lot of spare time on your hands, a way to get over that is to pick up a book you have meant to read.
- Listen to music and have a family dance party! This can be a fun way to let loose that extra energy.
- Help your kids with homework. The school will be out for a few weeks, and homeschooling will take place. This is a perfect time to help with school and learn about what your kids are learning. It is a great bonding activity that you may not usually have time for.
- Have a game night for the whole family. On school nights and work nights, no one has time for a fun family game. Now is the perfect time to open up that game closet for some laughs.
- Watch a family movie after a long day of keeping your family entertained. This is the perfect way to settle down before bed. You can all snuggle up and turn on the latest show or movie before going to bed.
These are only some of the things you can do right now. There are many more inside and at-home activities you can do. All while keeping your distance from your neighbors. This virus has severely affected physical health. We are all doing our part to handle it well and abide by the government so no one else will get hurt or sick. It is hard, and that is why doing things that keep you mentally healthy will be a huge factor in overcoming this time.
With all of this going on, we know a lot of people are out work and strained for money. This list of apps and channels that are doing free trials right this instant may be what you need to start. You won’t have to pay anything upfront for these subscriptions. After this is all over, if you don’t use the services, you can cancel for free. It could be the perfect way for your family to unwind.
List of channels and prices:
- Hulu-This app now has a special offer; you can get a 30-day free trial along with a package that starts at $5.99 a month after the free trial. Hulu, with no, adds, start at $11.99 a month after your free trial ends. When you first sign up, you will have to give them a credit card number so they can bill you after your thirty days is up. If you hate this service, can’t find anything good to watch, or just don’t use it enough, that’s okay! There are no strings attached, after your thirty days, or even before you can cancel your membership under your settings button.
- Youtube T.V.- This subscription lets you watch over 70 channels of live T.V. You can watch the news, family movies, kids cartoon on up to six different accounts. You can watch YouTube T.V. on any device at no additional cost. This subscription costs $49.99 a month, with a free 14-day trial. Two weeks is currently the perfect amount of time to lay low and self-isolate and keeping busy.
- Sling T.V.- This program has three different categories to choose from; all have great options to pick which channels you would rather have. This gives you more control than other services or providers. There are no hidden fees, you either choose one of the following subscriptions, $20 sling orange, $30 sling blue, $35 sling orange and blue. Right now, sling blue is listed for $20 a month, you would be getting $10 dollars off by joining. If you join now you will get a week free trial.
- Netflix– One of the most widely known streaming platforms right up there with Hulu. This provider offers a wonderful variety of movies and T.V. shows; they also now have a version for kids Netflix. This can be great if you are having to work from home and can’t screen what your kids put on in the background! Netflix offers a free 30-day trial before billing you. They have three plans to choose from, and they have one basic plan for $8.99, a standard plan for $12.99, and a premium plan for $15.99 a month. All plans depend on is what you would like to watch on, how many, and if you would like different accessories available.
- Disney Plus– This subscription offers a wide range of Disney movies, including ALL of the Star Wars movies. If you or your kids are big fans of Disney, this is the perfect go-to choice for however long you must social distance for. There is an option to do a bundle pack that includes Hulu, Disney Plus, as well as, ESPN plus all for $12.99 a month. If you don’t care about any add-ons, Disney Plus alone is only $6.99 a month. All new users get one week free, if you dislike it or wish to never see it again, you can cancel your subscription before the free week is over.
- Amazon Prime– One of the best places to get everything you need all in one spot. Amazon prime is known for their fantastic delivery services, even now in the middle of self-isolation. They have excellent customer service, and to throw things into the mix, and they have amazing shows to watch on Prime. This subscription offers free movies included with your prime membership, or you can buy the latest movies for just a few dollars. Amazon Prime is something you can either pay month by month or per year. There is the option of paying $119 a year, or $12.99 a month. It all depends on how much you are willing to spend upfront. Amazon allows new users to have 30 days of free two-day shipping, as well as prime movies and T.V. it is a great deal!
- Apple T.V. Plus- This app gives you two options; you can pay month to month or every year. It is $49.99 a year or $4.99 a month. If you get a new Apple product, you may get a whole year free of Apple T.V. for free! If you have no new apple products but still want to access all of the great original T.V. it has to offer, you can still sign up with a 7-day free trial.
- AT&T TV NOW– This can be a great way to get some cheap T.V. services while in self-isolation. There are three packages to choose from, entertainment favorites for $59.99 a month, entertainment lifestyle, and spots for $64.99. Or entertainment, lifestyle, and movie favorites for $74.99. Though these are the actual prices they do not include tax or other fees, you will need to read the fine print to make sure the exact amount will be right for your lifestyle. At&T offers a free 7-day trial!
- Philo– This app or website has an enormous supply of the latest movies and T.V. shows. You will get over 50 channels, all for $20 a month. This website lets you have a 7-day free trial before charging you for the first month. This gives you time to explore and figure out if this service is right for your family. You can stream this from any of your devices. Making it one of the most convenient apps.
These are just a few options for ways to stream T.V. and movies without breaking the bank. There are a few options that provide longer free trials, which may be the best in a situation like this. Some of these subscriptions are aimed for adults, and others are aimed for kids. No matter which one you choose, they are all excellent options for a time like this.
Why free is better
Not all of these options have very long free trials. However, some of these subscriptions are changing right now to entice people who are stuck at home to sign up. Everyone understands that a lot of people are out of work and looking for the next free thing to keep them entertained at home.
Every subscription wants to gain your loyalty and trust by making the free trial worth your time, and there are some great options to get started for you and your family. This is a sure way to keep your family busy and snuggle up for a nice family-friendly movie. The more you can watch for free, the better it will be!
Self-isolation is hard for everyone, but we are doing this to protect our society, our near future, and our children. It will be hard, but there are so many things you can do alone or with your family. You can become a stronger unit during this time, and take time to focus on yourself as well as your kids or husband. You are allowed to be happy even in a time of anxiousness, and some fun movies may help you laugh a little more and be at ease.
If you get tired of watching T.V. that is okay, there are many other activities you can still do while keeping your distance from people. You can still do the things you love but at a distance.