Jan 10 2023
What happens if you lose remote for Apple TV?
You can buy a new remote for your Apple TV from the Apple Online Store, Apple Store, or other retailer. Or find out how to use a network-based remote with your Apple TV.
What to do if you lose your Apple TV Remote
Mostly Apple TV owners connect their device with a remote, but if it gets misplaced, it can be hard to find it. Luckily, lossing your Apple TV Remote can be easily solved. In this article, we will present the solutions to having a missing Apple TV Remote.
Using an iOS device as a remote
If you have an Apple device with iOS, you can easily use it to control your Apple TV. Thus, you will be able to create a virtual remote and make sure that you have control of your device. Here are the steps for controlling your Apple TV with an iOS device:
- On your iOS device, download and install the Remote app from the App Store.
- Next, launch the Remote app and log in with the same Apple ID that is used on your Apple TV.
- After you log in, you will be able to control your Apple TV with your iOS device.
Using an Apple Watch as a remote
If you have an Apple Watch, you can also use it as a remote for your Apple TV. The steps for using your Apple Watch as a remote are quite similar to using your iOS device. Here is how you can make the most of your Apple Watch:
- Download the Remote app from the App Store and install it on your Apple Watch.
- Open the Remote app and log in with the same Apple ID that is used on your Apple TV.
- You will be be able to use your Apple Watch to control your Apple TV.
Buying a new remote
If you have an Apple TV and your remote doesn’t work or gets lost, you can easily replace it. The best way to do so is to buy a new one. Keep in mind that not all Apple TV remotes work with all generations. In order to make sure that you buy the right remote, you can check the Apple website.
In conclusion, if you lose your Apple TV remote, you can use your iOS device or an Apple Watch to control it. Additionally, you can buy a new remote in order to make sure that you have proper control of your Apple TV.