Jul 31 2020
These are highly unprecedented times and one of the few things that help us to cope during this period of high uncertainty are entertainment companies like Netflix and Xbox. Netflix is one of the biggest streaming sites in the world and throughout the pandemic, they have consistently rolled out some of the best films of the year 2020. Xbox is a brilliant gaming company owned by Microsoft and they also happen to be the main competitor of Sony’s PlayStation in the gaming industry. The fact that they provide an opportunity for you to unwind and take a break from all the anxiety and loneliness you have been feeling from social distancing is only one of the many amazing things about them.
If there are any other facts to go by, it’s that none of these two brands has small names in the industry. Over the years, these companies have rolled out massive, user-friendly features in a bid to keep their customers happy and up-to-date with the latest trends in their respective industries. However, there is one attribute that helps keeps companies like these at the top of their game; collaboration. When you have two globally-loved brands coming together to create something new, the results are bound to be phenomenal.
Does the Xbox 360 have Netflix?
Xbox users are known to be incredible fans of its many consoles because the company has made a habit of bringing on the latest trends in the industry and making it better. They collaborate with the best companies in the gaming and entertainment space to give their fans a value-add that rivals Sony’s PlayStation. Netflix also happens to be one of these trends and it is available on the Xbox 360.
The Xbox 360 is fully capable of streaming Netflix content and just by following some simple steps. However, in case you were wondering about the things that make Netflix such a great streaming platform, here are a few of them;
- Netflix has a wide range of premium movies, TV shows and documentaries
- Netflix users get to get stream premium content without having to deal with annoying ads
- Netflix users have access to several languages and subtitles to choose from for any titles
- Netflix users also get the option to stream most of their titles in an Ultra HD resolution that also features a 5.1 sound support
- Netflix users can easily download their favourite titles and watch them while they are offline
- Netflix users also have access to the frequently updated new titles
However, before Xbox 360 users can benefit from all these amazing features, they need to install Netflix on their Xbox 360 consoles.
How to Install Netflix on an Xbox 360 console
- Switch on your Xbox 360 console and then go ahead to sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Head over to the Xbox home screen and click on the Store icon on the right-hand side of the home screen
- Click on the search apps button and the type “Netflix” in the search box
- Choose Netflix from the suggestion list on the dashboard, and it should take you straight to the Netflix app information page
- Finally, click the “Get” button and the app will get installed on your console
- After you are done with the installation of the Netflix app, launch the app and then go-ahead to enter your Login details to start to enjoy amazing content on your Xbox console
How to Log into your Netflix account on an Xbox 360
- Go to the Apps section of your Xbox 360 dashboard or open the Netflix app directly from your home screen if it is already there.
- Click on the “Member Sign In” button
- Type in your member login details which would include details like your Netflix email address and password
- Then finally select the Sign In to get into the Netflix application
What if you are a first time user?
For first time users, the process is just as seamless the Sign-In process for existing users. Simply follow the Sign Up instructions below;
- Open up your web browser on your Xbox 360 and go to Netflix.com
- Select the “Sign In” button the go-ahead to click “Sign Up now”
- Select your preferred Netflix plan
- Then finally subscribe to that plan by entering your correct payment details from your debit/credit card
- Once your payment is successful, and you are subscribed to the right membership plan, fill in your correct phone number for easy password retrieval
- Choose the kind of devices you are likely to be streaming Netflix from, ensure that you select your Xbox 360 as well
Once you complete all these processes, then you are set to get started with streaming all your favourite movies, tv shows and documentaries on Netflix.
You might have a few more questions about streaming Netflix on your Xbox 360, so here are a few FAQs…
Is it possible to watch Netflix on my Xbox 360 without having an Xbox Live account?
No, it would be impossible to watch Netflix on your Xbox 360 without owning an Xbox Live Account first. The good news is that it is completely free to create an account so its not a problem. Set it up in a few minutes and stream Netflix content all you want on your Xbox 360 console.
Is it possible to watch Netflix on my Xbox 360 without having an Xbox Live Gold account?
Yes, it is possible to watch Netflix on your Xbox 360 even with a silver account. However, this was not always the case. A few years ago, Microsoft only allowed Gold users to use apps on the Xbox 360.
What could cause the Netflix on my Xbox 360 not to work?
Any owner of an Xbox 360 could experience this issue. However, this can be fixed within a few minutes. The first thing you need to do is restart the console, this should log you out of your account. After the console is restarted, then you can head back to your Netflix app to log in. This malfunction is usually caused by credentials getting corrupted on the console, so if the above solution does not work, another option would be to uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app on your Xbox 360.
Installing Netflix on your Xbox 360 console is one of the best experiences you could ever have as an Xbox console owner, this is why both Xbox and Netflix have chosen to make this fan dream a reality. Enjoy an unlimited streaming experience that gives you access to a wide range of exclusive and premium content today.