Jun 2 2020
We can’t hook Mac to Apple TV directly, but we can hook them through your home network. Mac is neither a computer monitor nor a TV rather than a full computer. That means Mac laptops don’t have the input jacks used to hook them to HDTVs such as Apple TV. Wondering how to connect Mac to Apple TV, get ready for an awesome experience.
How to Connect Mac to Apple TV—Software and Hardware Requirements
Apple TV can’t work on its own. You’ve to connect it to an HDTV using an HDMI cable through the HDMI port. You should as well connect to a high-speed internet network. To hook-up Mac to Apple TV, the three items are as well mandatory. You may as well need to have the latest iTunes app version installed.
Output and Input—All You Should Know
The most reliable way to link an Apple TV to an HDTV is through HDMI cable. Most modern MACs have one output HDMI port, although some don’t. That means data is moved out of the laptop to the HDMI input of the other device. Trying to connect the HDMI output port on your laptop to another output port won’t work since you can’t use Mac as a screen for Apple TVs.
How to Connect Over Network
You can seamlessly hook up your Mac and Apple TV by connecting them both to a wireless network or Ethernet ports. The two devices come with Ethernet ports and always support Wi-Fi connection. Once you connect the two devices through an Ethernet cable, they may not work as that won’t connect them to the home network.
The safe way to connect both devices so that they seamlessly pair to each other is through connecting them into the Ethernet ports available on your router or modem. If that fails, you should consider connecting them to the home network through Wi-Fi.
Using Apple TV App on Mac
The Apple TV app is a lighter and more reliable version of the Apple TV. The app opens and loads faster. It works best on Mac versions that support macOS Catalina. Get the app and install it on your Mac device.
Subscribe to your favorite premium channels, including HBO and Showtime. The app presents high-quality video and superior sound quality, ensuring superior viewing excellence.
Once you’ve subscribed to your favorite package, you can always access and stream content from popular cable TV providers and streaming apps without having to enter login details or pay extra.
You can as well enjoy excellent movie-watching experiences by buying or renting the movies from the iTunes store.
How to Connect Mac to Apple TV—the Easy Way
Apple TV comes either as a streaming service or a mobile app. You can use it to stream video content to your HDTV. It links you to different streaming services, including big-screen TVs, Netflix, and any other premium streaming service. The process of how to hook up Mac to Apple TV is straightforward and easy. The first way involves using an HDMI cable and connecting both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
It’s not mandatory to attach the Mac to Apple TV physically unless you want to mirror the content streamed from your Mac computer to the TV screen.
You have got the option of controlling your Apple TV from a Mac computer via the Siri remote. This option may prove quite a challenge. For that to be realizable, you should install an application that lets you use the Mac computer as a remotely controllable Bluetooth keyboard.
How to Mirror Mac To Apple TV
Apple TV allows for seamless gaming experiences, movies, and TV watching experiences. But then, there are some things you can’t do on your Apple TV. If you have got a Mac laptop, you can mirror its contents to your Apple TV. Mirroring Mac to a larger Apple TV screen makes your viewing experience more immersive. Here are the key ways on how to mirror Mac to Apple TV.
- Power on your Apple TV and connect it to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Head to the AirPlay button on your Apple TV. In case the button is not visible, click the Apple icon ‘system preferences’. On the screen that pops up, click the Displays icon and then check the Show Mirroring options box.
- Click the AirPlay drop-down icon and then Click Apple TV.
- Your display will appear on the Apple TV, enabling you to enjoy immersive video watching or gaming experience.
- Once done, the AirPlay button will be highlighted and when you click on it, the Mirror Apple TV box will be checked. Press the Mirror Built-in Retina Display to adjust the mirrored Mac size to that of your preferred TV size.
My Mac Does not Connect to Apple, How Can I Solve It?
Some users will face challenges when they try to connect Mac to Apple TV. That can happen especially if you are doing it for the first time. They will often get the ‘Could Not Connect With Apple TV error’
- Click on your Apple TV’s settings button. On the screen that pops up, click on Network and then select the Name of your Wi-Fi network.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon on Mac to ensure you are connected to the network.
- Press the System Preferences icon and then click Displays.
- Check the ‘Show Mirroring Options Icon.
- It will direct you to the ‘connect and use Airplay Icon.
- Press the System Preferences buttons on Mac and then click on the Privacy and Security option.
- Press the Firewall Tab button and enter your credentials to unlock it.
- Select Firewall Options on the page that appears on the screen.
- Click ‘Automatically Allow built-in software so you can always receive connections.
Are you wondering how you can connect Mac to Apple without investing in any new hardware or software? We’ve given a clear outline of the things you should do. Read and understand each of the core tricks on how to connect Mac to Apple TV within seconds. Ensure you follow each of the steps to the later so you don’t make mistakes.