Jun 1 2020
Perfect your plan of creating an incredibly superb home theater system with Kodi. Kodi is the ultimate best software that works with most hardware for creating home theater systems. It’s the real deal when it comes to improving the superiority of your movie, TV show, and sports watching experiences. It does add flavor to the way you listen to your favorite music. Want to know how to setup Kodi on windows 10, get ready for the most thrilling experience.
What Is Kodi?
Before we unfold the details of how to setup Kodi on windows 10, it would be sensible to first understand what Kodi is.
Kodi is a great free open-source home entertainment software that was originally created for Microsoft Xbox. Kodi management is under a non-profit organization known as the XBMC Foundation. The software has shaped the home entertainment software industry by adding simplicity and innovation to the way we watch our favorite streamed content.
Kodi works by converting your tablet, computer, or smartphone into a high-end digital set-top box, enabling you to stream and download content online. It has a purpose-built UI that enables you to seamless browse and search for content with added simplicity. It features an amazing range of built-in codes that enable you to browse podcasts, videos, and photos.
Kodi is compatible with operating systems such as Windows, iOS, Linux, Android, and macOS. It can play content in AAC, MP3, OGG, and PM4 formats. If you want to download and install Kodi on your Windows desktop or laptop computer or smartphone, here is how to go about it.
System Requirements to Install Kodi On Windows 10
Kodi is available for installation on a wide range of Windows 10 devices. You can install it on your Windows 10 computer laptop, desktop, smartphone or even tablet. Here are the system requirements for installing Kodi on any Windows 10 device.
- Kodi works best on any x86 or x64 windows processor. In other words, if you’re using Intel Platinum 4, and Athlon 64, and any other latest CPU will do. So, provided that your computer runs on a window that was manufactured not more than a decade ago, you don’t need to upgrade to use Kodi.
- To run Kodi seamlessly on your Windows 10-powered device, you should have not less than 1 GB of RAM. If you don’t want to experience slowness after installing Kodi, you should have a RAM of at least 2GB.
- Kodi requires you to have at least 100GB of available disk space. However, you should have more than 200GB of an available hard disk to enjoy fast and seamless streaming experiences.
- Kodi works on almost any GPU provided it supports DirectX version 9.
How to Setup Kodi On Windows 10—How to Do It?
- Kodi can be downloaded and installed in two main ways. It can be downloaded from the Windows store or Kodi’s formal site. Let’s have a look at how to go about the two ways.
- How to Setup Kodi on Windows 10 from Official Website.
- Head to Kodi’s official website and choose the Windows icon.
- On the page that pops up, click on the INSTALLER option. The Kodi file will be downloaded and an installation package for Windows 10 will be saved.
- Head to the saved Kodi file and click on it. Click YES to allow the file to install.
- When a Kodi setup wizard appears, click next to go to the next installation step.
- Once the License agreement icon popups, click the ‘I Agree’ button.
- On the next screen that pops, click on the components you want to install. All components are installed by default and it’s advised you install all. Click on Next to move to the next installation stage.
- Click browse to choose a customized installation location on your computer. You can select any place you want to install the file based on your preferences. In case you’re are okay to install the app on the given default path, click next to move to the next stage.
- Click Install to start the installation process.
- In case you wouldn’t want to create shortcuts for Kodi, click the Do Not Create shortcuts box before you click the install button. It’s, however, advisable to allow the shortcuts to be created so you can easily locate Kodi in your Windows.
- Allow the installation several minutes to complete.
- Once the installation process is complete, click Finish to complete the installation. If you want to run the app, you can click run Kodi Run to launch the app.
How to Setup Kodi On Windows 10 Via Microsoft Store
Kodi is now available on the Microsoft Store application. You can access and download it from there in a matter of minutes, and here is how to do it.
- Start the process by clicking on the Microsoft store icon on your Windows 10 device. Once the store opens, type Kodi and click enter to search for relevant search results.
- Click on Kodi to unfold the details of the app. Once the app is open, click on Get to start the download.
- Wait until the download is complete and the app is installed on your Windows 10 device
- Once the download and installation processes are complete, you should then click on the launch to open the app.
- Immerse yourself into the whole range of features and functions the Kodi app offers now that you’ve installed and launched the app on your Windows 10 device.
Kodi is legal to use. However, it’s illegal to use Kodi add-ons without a VPN. Many of the Kodi add-ons available today aren’t genuine. And so, using any without a VPN exposes you to the world, which risks you being hacked in case you’ve settled for a scam add-on. By using a VPN, you’ll be able to bypass the Geo-restriction that only limits users to people based in the US only.
There’re tons of widely used and genuine VPN sites that offer quality identify hiding features to keep you safe and enable you to access blocked sites. Ensure you’re settling for a site that’s not only trustworthy but also good in the provision of high-end identify hiding services.