Oct 12 2020
In the smart TV market, LG TV is now a big name, thanks to its numerous innovative features. Now you can easily sync an LG smart TV with your smartphone. Because of this feature, LG’s technology has been dubbed as future-proof. In this post, we are going to discuss 5 ways to mirror the iPhone to your TV. Let’s learn how to stream from iPhone to LG smart TV.
You are going to learn 5 different ways of streaming from iPhone to your TV. We encourage you to learn about all of these methods and apply the one you find convenient. If you are familiar with multiple methods, you will not have to worry about the procedure at all.
Method 1: Stream from iPhone with Mobile Mirror
For iOS devices, a robust and reliable screencasting tool is iOS Mirror. If you want to mirror your smartphone to your TV, you can use this tool. For this purpose, you will have to use an HDMI cable and your computer. For many people, viewing a smartphone on a TV screen is exciting as well as useful.
There is some content that is not suitable for viewing on smartphones. This technology makes it convenient to watch them on large screens. On a small screen, you may find it hard to view some images. While it is screencasting, the iOS Mirror will catch the activities on your smartphone. Now we are going to provide step-by-step instructions for the procedure.
Step 1: Download and install the Mirror
The first step is easy. You just have to find the iOS Mirror, download, and install it. Once you have installed it, go to the next step.
Step 2: Screencast to your PC
Your PC and your phone should be under the same Wi-Fi connection. Then go to the control center of your iPhone and activate the “Screen Mirroring”. Then you have to find a particular computer name and choose it. In this case, your computer name is LG TV.
Step 3: Connect your LG TV to your PC with HDMI
Once you have successfully connected the iPhone to your PC, you have to connect your TV to your computer with HDMI cable. By doing that, you are using your TV as a monitor. Your LG TV will mirror your iPhone.
You could also check out how to screen mirror iPhone to Mac book.
Method 2: Use Video & TV Cast to stream iPhone to your LG TV
If you do not know what a Video & TV Cast is, do not worry. To know how to stream from iPhone to LG smart TV, it is good to be familiar with this tool. It is simply an app. This app is used to stream content from an iPhone to an LG smart TV. You can use this app to browse the web as well. This app is compatible with almost all video websites. Now we are going to describe the procedure.
- Find Video & TV Cast on your phone and launch the app.
- Launch TV Cast while keeping your TV ON.
- Your iPhone and your LG TV must be under one Wi-Fi connection.
- Go to your TV controller and click on the LG content store.
- Fill in the IP address and configure the app.
Method 3: Use LG TV Plus to share screen
This compulsory app is used to share the screen of the iPhone to your LG TV. The app comes with useful functions such as search, TV controller, launcher, and touchpad. The app is compatible with as many as 14 models of LG TVs. So, no matter what model your TV is, you will be able to do it. Your mobile device and your TV must be connected to the same internet network.
Streaming is not possible if both the devices are not under the same network. So, be careful about it. And once you have established that connection, you can control your LG TV with your iPhone. Here are the steps:
- First of all, you have to click on “LG TV Plus” and download it.
- Your remote control has a “Home” button. Press it. At the top-right corner, you will find the “Setting” icon. Then select “Connect Apps”.
- Make sure that your iPhone and your TV are on the same Wi-Fi network. To connect, find LG TV Plus on your phone and launch it.
- Your smart device may be connected to multiple TVs. To scan, press the “Start” button.
- Your TV screen will show a “PIN” code. Enter the PIN code to pair your TV with your smart device.
Method 4: Use Airbeam TV to stream content
If you are still wondering how to stream from iPhone to LG smart TV, here is another great way to do it. Airbeam TV can seamlessly stream the entire screen of the iPhone to your smart TV. This is really helpful for watching videos and playing games. Thanks to its wireless connectivity, you do not need to use any TV application. Airbeam TV can mirror numerous video websites, including YouTube.
However, there is a little downside to Airbeam TV. Sometimes the audio gets distorted. Do not worry about it. If you have a good internet connection, you will not have to deal with this issue. Overall, the tool is reliable. Here is the user guide:
- Go to the App Store, download Airbeam TV, and install it.
- Go to the product page and click on the “Get” button. Thus you will install the app. Once you have installed the app, launch it. After that, go to the interface and find the name of your TV.
- If you are using the app for the first time, you will have to get permission to access it. The procedure is pretty easy. For this, you have to use your TV remote and press the “OK” button.
- After that, take your iPhone and find the button called “Start Mirroring”. Tap it and a new window will open.
- The menu will show the names of many brands of TVs, and you will have to select LG TV. After that, just click “Start Broadcasting”.
Method 5: Use Chromecast to connect iPhone to the LG smart TV
If you want to learn how to stream from iPhone to LG smart TV the easiest way, use Chromecast. We have to mention here that you can use an Android device to do it because this operating system belongs to Google. There have been several updates of Chromecast so far, and now LG smart TVs are pre-installed with it.
That means, if you have an Android device, you do not have to plug anything on your LG TV. It is also important to mention here that you can not use an iOS device to do it. So, if you want to use an iOS device, make sure you have a Chromecast USB stick. Follow this guide to set up Chromecast:
- Find the USB port of your LG TV, and plug the Chromecast stick into the port.
- Go to the App Store and download “Google Home”.
- Go to the main interface of the app and click “Setup new Chromecast”.
- Go to “Account” and then click “Mirror Device”.
- Once the TV is detected, you will see your iOS screen on your TV.
How to Stream from iPhone to LG Smart TV – Conclusion
We have discussed 5 methods, and now you know how to stream from iPhone to LG smart TV. Apply any of these methods and enjoy videos on a large screen. Now there are apps, such as AceThinker Mobile Mirror, that work on both Android and iOS devices. If you are curious, you can try that app. And in case you face any technical difficulty, you can do a little bit of research online.