Dec 21 2022
Why is my HBO Max in Spanish?
Do you have HBO Max set to Spanish by default, and have no idea why it happened? You’re not alone! Many people have experienced an unexpected change to their HBO Max language or subtitles settings. Here, we explain the possible reasons why your HBO Max is in Spanish, and provide tips and tricks to help you adjust your settings back to your preferred language.
What Causes HBO Max to Automatically Change Languages?
There are several factors that may cause your HBO Max account settings to switch unexpectedly from English to Spanish.
- Geographical Setting: If a certain region has more Spanish-speaking viewers than any other language, HBO Max may automatically select that language for you by default.
- Default App Settings: If the HBO Max app has been downloaded in a different language than English, it might be set to the default language of that area.
- Device Settings: The settings on your device may have changed somehow, causing the app to switch languages.
- Previous Language Selection: If you’ve watched a movie or show on your HBO Max account in the Spanish language before, the app may have kept that language setting.
How to Change Your HBO Max Language Back to English?
Fortunately, it’s easy to get your HBO Max app back to your preferred language. Here’s how:
- Sign into your HBO Max account.
- Navigate to the Settings section of your profile.
- Select “My Language” from the list of options.
- Choose “English” from the list of available languages.
- Confirm your selection and save your changes.
Once you’ve changed your settings, you should be able to watch shows and movies in English with English subtitles on your HBO Max account. We hope this article was helpful in solving your language dilemma!